Friday, December 19

APD Penang Trip 2008

Helo, I am back from Penang. It was so hectic but it was really fun and memorable especially with my form five's friends.

I'm so glad to have everyone of you to by my side and walk with me throughout the years in VI. I do hope we will meet each one and another in one day again.

Penang is really changed a lot since the last time I went in year 2003. I do mean it. It almost looks like PJ Damansara in KL in every part of the city. It has nice building, nice houses and they look luxurious too. Kek Lok Si has new building as well. Too bad I did not manage to take down some of the pictures of it. Frankly, the shopping complex in Penang has no fight with the one in KL's Pavilion, Times Square or Sungei Wang. Hahaha....

If you do not know how to speak Hokkien or Mandarin, you will have a big time suffering from ordering food or talk to the locals. Fortunately I do know how to speak in mandarin. But, there is something funny happened to me on the last day in Penang. The situation started like this. Firstly we sat in a coffee shop and we ordered drinks as usual. The waitress talked to us in Hokkien and we agak agak she was asking us what drinks we want. For instance, I said "MILO BING"(milo ais), then the waiter walked away after she has taken down our orders. But after 15 minutes, all of my friend got their drinks but it was only me who did not have anything yet. So I called up another waitress and I reorder again. But after I reorder again, the cup of Milo that I ordered for the first time has already arrived, then after a while, the second cup of Milo served to me too. That means already double order. So both of the waitress came to me and keep talking Hokkien to me and I was stunned for a moment because I did not know anything that they were speaking. They were seems like scolding me. So, I got fed up and I said it loudly, "WAH BEH HIAO TIA!!!" ("I do not know how to listen" in Hokkien, the only Hokkien I know LOL). Then for instance, both of them stop talking and say to me that next time do not order 2 times again(this time is in mandarin lol). Then all of my friends say I gempak because I manage to save myself from the chaotic situation lol.

Hereby I enclose some of the pictures and do the talking. It is because I bet all of you do not want to read so much words :P

Haha, this is the place where we become "water fish", let ppl "bunuh". One cup of sky juice cost RM 4.80. Gila leh??

Mafias in Kek Lok Si

Penang City view

Inclined Lift to see the big guan yin statue, have to pay Rm 4 for the ride.

A big guan yin statue, still in construction.

Aiyo, cant see my "lovely" face tim.

=D

All the kambings(alah, the goat face blocked by someone's hand)

Going down by using the inclined lift again.

Penang City View again

War Museum. A great and very happening place. U must go if you go to Penang.

This is the tunnel where the British army used last time. Inside very very dark. I accidentally took this photo.

This is the British army rest station but it was used by the Japanese army to pancung kepala orang.

Do you see a rope here? It used to hang all the human and pancung them one by one and keep the body and heads separately in the blue room on the right hand side.

Big cannon but fake one :D

Friends Forever

If you wish to see more pictures, go to my facebook and check' em out. Add me if you have not yet.

Lastly, Merry Chrismas to all of you!

No comments: